Change HVAC Filter
It’s fresh filter time. Did you know changing your filter on a regular schedule is one of the easiest and most important maintenance items you can perform for your HVAC system? A dirty filter can make your HVAC system work harder, making your system less efficient and may cost you more money in energy bills. It will also leave more allergens and pollutants in the air. To make sure your HVAC system is running efficiently and your home is healthy, change your filter today!
Here are some additional tips for changing your HVAC filter:
- Turn off your HVAC system before changing the filter.
- Choose a filter that is the correct size for your HVAC system.
- If you have a pet, you may choose a filter with a higher MERV rating if you feel it is necessary. You should consult with a licensed HVAC technician regarding a proper filter.
- Inspect your filter once a month and change it more often if it is dirty or clogged as different households have their own unique lifestyle.
- Clean your HVAC system's air return vents regularly.
- Clean your HVAC system's outside condenser unit regularly.
- Set a reminder in your phone to let you know when to change your filter next.
- Be proactive and sign up for a periodic maintenance program with your installing HVAC company. Your HVAC unit is one of the hardest working systems in your home.
While you’re at it, check the filters in your dishwasher and your range hood too. A quick wash and dry for both of these will help avoid smells in your kitchen.