Any current JMC Homes job openings will be shown below. To apply, please fill out the form.
You are here
Affiliate Accounting ClerkMore
JMC Homes is currently searching for an Affiliate Accounting Clerk to assist in the day-to-day accounting requirements of its various affiliate companies (including a Commercial Management & Construction division). The accounting clerk provides assistance and support to the Affiliate Controller and Staff Accountant.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices and check requests
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and reports necessary for the timely completion of monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Advocates and facilitates continuous improvement efforts and consistency within the department
- Receive and process invoices for payment (Accounts Payable)
- Prepare and issue invoices and credit memos to customers (Accounts Receivable)
- Coordinate with various departments & vendors to research transactions as needed
- Support administrative needs of the department
- Monitor insurance compliance with subcontractors & purchasing
- Performs account analysis / reconciliations to ensure appropriate accounting for transactions and account balances
- Assist in the preparation of various journal entries as part of the month-end, and year-end close processes
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Ad-Hoc duties and special projects as assigned
Desired Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ yrs. Real Estate industry with understanding of commercial lease terms
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Able to prioritize and multi task
- Highly motivated and able to work well independently
Customer Care Field RepresentativeMore
This position will be responsible for interacting directly with homeowners, contractors and JMC Homes employees to aid in the on-site repairs of construction issues that are inherent with new homes. This candidate will possess practical knowledge of new home construction and the ability to deal with customers in a professional manner.
This is primarily a full-time construction field position. Representatives will return to our Roseville office to complete follow-up and documentation.
Additional requirements include a High School diploma along with three years of experience in New Home Construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and supervise trade partner repairs in homes after delivery to homeowner.
- Respond and make contact to Service Requests received within 48 hours of receipt for non-emergency requests. Set inspection of service claim within five (5) days of receipt.
- Respond and make contact within 24 hours for all urgent Service Requests received and provide immediate response for all emergency Service Requests received.
- Set work appointment with trades to make needed repairs within 10 days for all non-emergency/urgent requests.
- Set proper expectations with the homeowner regarding warranted and non-warranted concerns.
- Complete agreed upon warranty items for the homeowner with the goal of one visit to the home 85% percent of the time on the initial work appointment.
- Schedule inspections with homeowners, assess routine warranty claims and follow through to completion all service requests within 25 days.
- Provide accurate and timely information to Customer Care Manager on progress and scopes of work as requested.
- Maintain positive homeowner relations; provide homeowner with knowledgeable, timely and professional service.
- Evaluate trade partner and product performance. Provide ongoing information to Customer Care Manager as it relates to quality of workmanship and materials.
- Participate in and attend all department meetings.
- Keep accurate service request logs and documentation of all work performed.
- Perform all other duties, special projects, and varying scopes of repair as assigned.
- Have the ability to perform and assist construction (if ever requested) to provide punch lists and homeowner Walk-throughs to deliver the best possible quality home with our homeowners if necessary; provide quality control of finished product as requested.
- Be able to conduct homeowner Walk-throughs, introducing, and familiarizing homeowners with their new home. Including but not limited to operation of appliances, heating/cooling systems, features, options, and maintenance responsibilities of home, etc...
- Coordinate with the Construction Department staff and trade partners in the completion of Walk-through repairs within five (5) days.
Education and Additional Requirements
- Three (3) years customer relations experience in the construction field
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but will accept equivalent work experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance relative to daily work schedule is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- General proficiency with computers
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to deal effectively with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity in dealing with JMC Homes’ homeowners and trade partners.
- Detail-oriented, works well under pressure, capable of handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Ability to work within a positive team environment and maintain a professional and courteous demeanor towards others.
Requires the ability to work eight (8) hours per day in both, an office setting and field environment, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 40 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
The Assistant Superintendent/Detailer will assist in the construction of new homes in a production environment. A background in new home construction is strongly desired. The individual will work directly with the Superintendent to ensure homes are built on-time, under budget and to the quality expectations of the company. The person must be able to take directions and work independently to complete tasks assigned. An ability to interact with customers, trades and people at all levels of the organization is strongly desired.
A High School diploma is required, along with two years experience in the construction field.
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.