Any current JMC Homes job openings will be shown below. To apply, please fill out the form.
You are here
Customer Care CoordinatorMore
Answer all Customer Care telephone calls and website requests/inquiries as necessary. Be able to proactively and accurately determine warrantable obligations and convey builder responsibilities to homeowners as needed. Process and administer all Customer Care related paper work and information as needed. Assist the Customer Care field team in scheduling and follow up with homeowners as necessary. Perform scheduling and follow up for service requests with minimal items Maintain Customer Care records and documentation as directed and support department activities.
REQUIRED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and process homeowner inquiries in a timely manner per established policies, including homeowner correspondence, company correspondence, check requests, settlement & releases, billing, and any other necessary paperwork
- Relay Customer Care policies and decisions to homeowners on a daily basis.
- Oversee and review all completed Service Requests to ensure and approve proper completion. Perform all necessary filing and record keeping as needed.
- Get supervisor approval when needed on Customer Care related tasks, projects, or processes
- Obtain, track, keep, and distribute trade partner lists, contacts, and other necessary information as needed for each project for use by Customer Care Representative.
- Assist in collecting necessary and current status information for any special assignments, tasks, or projects, input to Customer Care system and distribute weekly/monthly project, status, or aging reports as requested.
- Develop and/or maintain a filing system for special projects and individual lots that permit quick access to all previous correspondence, and related data.
- Maintain inventory of Customer Care forms as necessary and any new Home Care Guide supplies as needed.
- Order office supplies for the Customer Care Department and Customer Care Representatives as necessary.
- Assist Customer Care Representatives with scheduling of trade partners and homeowner appointments.
- Support Customer Care and/or Construction staff as needed.
- Work directly with the Customer Care Manager to help streamline, review, and improve existing processes.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Perform possible Customer Care field work if necessary.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Two (2) years customer service experience, preferably with a homebuilder or within the construction industry
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be proficient with computers
- Must have strong Word, Excel and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Power Point desired
- Minimum 50 WPM. Must be accurate for data entry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must possess professional attitude to represent company in a positive manner
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule requirement
- Ability to work under deadlines and multi-task several duties
- Understand and follow JMC Homes’ work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Have the ability to effectively deal with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity in dealing with JMC Homes’ homeowners and trade partners
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Have the ability to maintain a productive and proactive manner approach to daily tasks and duties
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment. May be asked or required to operate a motor, vehicle.
Affiliate Staff AccountantMore
JMC Homes is currently searching for an Affiliate Accountant to assist in the day-to-day accounting requirements of its various affiliate companies (including a Commercial Management & Construction division). A strong background in property management accounting is desired. The individual will work directly with the Affiliate Controller to complete the functions of their job.
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and reports necessary to the timely completion of monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Assist Affiliate Controller with monthly analysis and internal reporting of financial statements and ensure compliance with company accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in the timely and accurate payment processing of invoices and check requests
- Advocates and facilitates continuous improvement efforts and consistency within the department
- Receive and process invoices for payment (Accounts Payable)
- Prepare and issue invoices and credit memos to customers (Accounts Receivable)
- Prepares various journal entries as part of the month-end, and year-end close processes
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Performs detailed account analysis / reconciliations to ensure appropriate accounting for transactions and account balances
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Assist Affiliate Controller in the preparation of monthly financial statements / reporting and supporting schedules
- Review Common Area Maintenance (CAM) and related pass-through billings as provided for in real estate lease documents.
- Assist with annual budgeting / forecasting processes
- Coordinate the provision of information with external auditors
- Coordinate with various departments & vendors to research transactions as needed
- Monitor insurance compliance with subcontractors & purchasing.
- Ad-Hoc duties and special projects as assigned
Desired Candidate Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
3+ yrs. Real Estate industry with clear understanding of commercial lease terms
Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and Word
Sage 300 CRE (Timberline) experience
Strong written and oral communication skills
Strong interpersonal and management skills
Able to prioritize and multi task
Highly motivated and able to work well independently
Customer Care RepresentativeMore
Placer, Sacramento, & surrounding area counties as necessary
Customer Care Manager
Work and interact with homeowners, JMC Homes employees, and trades to review, schedule, perform, and efficiently complete warranty service request work as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary duty is to interact with homeowners on all levels. Schedule and supervise all warranted trade partner repairs for homeowners after home’s close of escrow
- Schedule, set, and communicate all non-emergency Service Request work appointment dates within 5 days after initial inspection with homeowner
- Respond and communicate with homeowners within 24 hours for all urgent Service Requests received
- Provide immediate response for all emergency Service Requests received
- Communicate and set proper expectations regarding requested repairs with the homeowner.
- Be able to effectively convey applicable coverage, if any, for all warranted and non-warranted concerns
- Achieve goal to complete agreed upon warranty concerns for the homeowner as quickly and efficiently as possible at the agreed upon scheduled repair date. Achieve a 75% completion rate or higher at initial work appointment
- Perform all necessary follow through, communications, and scheduling with both the homeowner and necessary trades to complete all service requests within 25 days
- Provide all necessary and accurate information to Customer Care Manager when requested on progress and scopes of repair of any extenuating or elevated Service Request
- Keep accurate service request logs and documentation of all work performed and ensure they are properly filed and recorded as necessary
- Be able to develop and maintain positive homeowner relations
- Be able to provide homeowners with knowledgeable, timely, accurate, and professional service and communications
- Be able to effectively work and communicate with all trades in a professional and courteous manner
- Provide ongoing evaluations and information to Customer Care Manager as it relates to quality of trade workmanship, materials, and job performance habits
- Participate in and attend all department meetings
- Perform any auxiliary duties, special projects, unique tasks, or work scope as assigned
- Be able to assist the Construction or Quality Control teams (if ever requested) to provide punch lists or necessary repairs prior to homeowner Walk-throughs to deliver the best possible home in quality and detail as possible
- Be able to perform homeowner Walk-throughs and Final Walks, introducing, and familiarizing homeowners with their new home. Including but not limited to operation of appliances, mechanical systems, features, options, and maintenance responsibilities
Education and Additional Requirements
- Three (3) years customer relations experience, construction field experience is preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Be able to communicate in an effective and professional manner, both verbally and written
- General proficiency with computers
- Be highly organized, detail oriented, and efficient in approaching daily tasks
- Be able to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet aforementioned deadlines.
- Must be comfortable dealing with confrontational situations should they arise with JMC Homes’ homeowners and trade partners while maintaining composure and objectivity.
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Follow and understand JMC Homes work rules and procedures
- Be willing to accept constructive feedback
- Ability to work within a positive team environment and maintain a professional and courteous demeanor towards others.
Requires the ability to work eight (8) hours per day in both, an office setting and field environment, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read Plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 40 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
Document Management Support (Part-time)More
- Sort and batch incoming files, prioritizing and identifying documents
- Process documents according to guidelines
- Prepare documents for scanning and process the batched documents through the imaging equipment
- Maintain documents records
- Conduct quality assurance checks by inspecting scanned images stored on the network servers
- Verify document count and ensure images meet established quality standards
- Monitor and perform routine maintenance for the scanning equipment to ensure continuing processing efficiency
- Refer problems to the Department Manager or the Information Services Department as required
- Other administrative task requests as needed, including: Answer phones, maintain files, stock supplies
The following qualifications are recommended:
- Two years of successful clerical experience emphasizing data entry and independent sorting
- Prioritizing and processing of various documents
- Experience working with contracts and contract insurance documents
This position requires a focus on completing tasks accurately and quickly while being called on to answer questions from many different sources. The ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently will be key to the success of the candidate.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who works well with others, and doesn’t mind working in a busy environment.
Other combinations of education and experience demonstrating knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job also will be considered.
The Superintendent will manage the construction of new homes in a production environment. A background in new home construction with a California based production builder is required. The individual will be directly responsible for the overall performance of the project. This will include being responsible for homes being built on-time, under budget and to the quality expectations of the company. In addition, the Superintendent will be responsible for Jobsite Safety as well as SWPPPs. The candidate must be able to lead a team of employees as well as subcontractors to meet the requirements of JMC Homes. The ability to act independently, take directions and provide leadership will be needed to be successful as a Superintendent for JMC Homes. The ability to interact with customers, trades and people at all levels of the organization is required.
A High School diploma is required, along with two years of experience with a California based production builder as a Superintendent.
The Assistant Superintendent/Detailer will assist in the construction of new homes in a production environment. A background in new home construction is strongly desired. The individual will work directly with the Superintendent to ensure homes are built on-time, under budget and to the quality expectations of the company. The person must be able to take directions and work independently to complete tasks assigned. An ability to interact with customers, trades and people at all levels of the organization is strongly desired.
A High School diploma is required, along with two years experience in the construction field.
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.