Any current JMC Homes job openings will be shown below. To apply, please fill out the form.
You are here
Class A Truck DriverMore
Seeking a dependable and organized Class A truck driver who possesses the skills to operate vehicles involved in the construction industry, such as forklifts, dump trucks and loaders. While not driving, drivers may be expected to perform maintenance on their vehicles and perform other tasks. Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record.
Class A Truck Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to tractor unit
- Transport goods from place of origin to assigned destination
- Pick-up loads and organize goods in an ordered, logical manner
- Ensure loads are properly secured to truck to prevent breakage or damage
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations
- Assist in mapping delivery routes
- Stay on predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major required maintenance
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
Class A Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid Class A driver’s license required
- Air Brake Certified
- 2+ years proven experience with Class A driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Skilled at driving large vehicles
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a towed load
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Able to operate electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- An innate sense of direction
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
JMC Homes is currently seeking a skilled painter in our customer care department. This position will be responsible for interacting directly with homeowners, contractors and JMC employees to aid in on-site paint and drywall repairs. This candidate will possess practical knowledge of new home construction and the ability to deal with customers in a professional manner.
- Preparing painting surfaces by prepping walls and performing minor drywall patches including matching texture to existing wall surface.
- Mixing, matching, and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces
- Handling planning and prep work in an efficient manner
- Prepping the surrounding area by covering with cloth or plastic to prevent overspray or paint drips
- Moving furniture and equipment as required
- Calculating the amount of materials and time required for project
- Removing fixtures such as door knobs and light switch covers
- Cleaning up supplies and replacing fixtures when project is complete
- Communicating with clients to ensure they are satisfied with job.
The following qualifications are recommended:
Clean driving record. Ability to Climb Ladders; Ability to Carry Heavy Equipment (Including Painting Tools and Heavy Buckets of Paint); Ability to Stand for Long Periods of Time; Attention to Detail; Excellent Communication Skills; Good Customer Service Skills
Please include salary requirements within your cover letter.
JMC Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
The Assistant Superintendent/Detailer will assist in the construction of new homes in a production environment. A background in new home construction is strongly desired. The individual will work directly with the Superintendent to ensure homes are built on-time, under budget and to the quality expectations of the company. The person must be able to take directions and work independently to complete tasks assigned. An ability to interact with customers, trades and people at all levels of the organization is strongly desired.
A High School diploma is required, along with two years experience in the construction field.
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.