Any current JMC Homes job openings will be shown below. To apply, please fill out the form.
You are here
Customer Care RepresentativeMore
Placer, Sacramento, & surrounding area counties as necessary
Customer Care Manager
Work and interact with homeowners, JMC Homes employees, and trades to review, schedule, perform, and efficiently complete warranty service request work as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary duty is to interact with homeowners on all levels. Schedule and supervise all warranted trade partner repairs for homeowners after home’s close of escrow
- Schedule, set, and communicate all non-emergency Service Request work appointment dates within 5 days after initial inspection with homeowner
- Respond and communicate with homeowners within 24 hours for all urgent Service Requests received
- Provide immediate response for all emergency Service Requests received
- Communicate and set proper expectations regarding requested repairs with the homeowner.
- Be able to effectively convey applicable coverage, if any, for all warranted and non-warranted concerns
- Achieve goal to complete agreed upon warranty concerns for the homeowner as quickly and efficiently as possible at the agreed upon scheduled repair date. Achieve a 75% completion rate or higher at initial work appointment
- Perform all necessary follow through, communications, and scheduling with both the homeowner and necessary trades to complete all service requests within 25 days
- Provide all necessary and accurate information to Customer Care Manager when requested on progress and scopes of repair of any extenuating or elevated Service Request
- Keep accurate service request logs and documentation of all work performed and ensure they are properly filed and recorded as necessary
- Be able to develop and maintain positive homeowner relations
- Be able to provide homeowners with knowledgeable, timely, accurate, and professional service and communications
- Be able to effectively work and communicate with all trades in a professional and courteous manner
- Provide ongoing evaluations and information to Customer Care Manager as it relates to quality of trade workmanship, materials, and job performance habits
- Participate in and attend all department meetings
- Perform any auxiliary duties, special projects, unique tasks, or work scope as assigned
- Be able to assist the Construction or Quality Control teams (if ever requested) to provide punch lists or necessary repairs prior to homeowner Walk-throughs to deliver the best possible home in quality and detail as possible
- Be able to perform homeowner Walk-throughs and Final Walks, introducing, and familiarizing homeowners with their new home. Including but not limited to operation of appliances, mechanical systems, features, options, and maintenance responsibilities
Education and Additional Requirements
- Three (3) years customer relations experience, construction field experience is preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Be able to communicate in an effective and professional manner, both verbally and written
- General proficiency with computers
- Be highly organized, detail oriented, and efficient in approaching daily tasks
- Be able to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet aforementioned deadlines.
- Must be comfortable dealing with confrontational situations should they arise with JMC Homes’ homeowners and trade partners while maintaining composure and objectivity.
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Follow and understand JMC Homes work rules and procedures
- Be willing to accept constructive feedback
- Ability to work within a positive team environment and maintain a professional and courteous demeanor towards others.
Requires the ability to work eight (8) hours per day in both, an office setting and field environment, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read Plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 40 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.