Any current JMC Homes job openings will be shown below. To apply, please fill out the form.
You are here
Affiliate Accounting ClerkMore
JMC Homes is currently searching for an Affiliate Accounting Clerk to assist in the day-to-day accounting requirements of its various affiliate companies (including a Commercial Management & Construction division). The accounting clerk provides assistance and support to the Affiliate Controller and Staff Accountant.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices and check requests
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and reports necessary for the timely completion of monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Advocates and facilitates continuous improvement efforts and consistency within the department
- Receive and process invoices for payment (Accounts Payable)
- Prepare and issue invoices and credit memos to customers (Accounts Receivable)
- Coordinate with various departments & vendors to research transactions as needed
- Support administrative needs of the department
- Monitor insurance compliance with subcontractors & purchasing
- Performs account analysis / reconciliations to ensure appropriate accounting for transactions and account balances
- Assist in the preparation of various journal entries as part of the month-end, and year-end close processes
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Ad-Hoc duties and special projects as assigned
Desired Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ yrs. Real Estate industry with understanding of commercial lease terms
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Able to prioritize and multi task
- Highly motivated and able to work well independently
The Assistant Superintendent/Detailer will assist in the construction of new homes in a production environment. A background in new home construction is strongly desired. The individual will work directly with the Superintendent to ensure homes are built on-time, under budget and to the quality expectations of the company. The person must be able to take directions and work independently to complete tasks assigned. An ability to interact with customers, trades and people at all levels of the organization is strongly desired.
A High School diploma is required, along with two years experience in the construction field.
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.